The end of the year is in sight now and a question that I’ve been asking myself and my clients recently is this:
How do you want to feel in work and life next year?
As big-hearted creatives, we don’t want to wander through life just letting it happen to us. We accept that there are many things out of our control, and that life is sometimes just about doing the best we can with the cards we’ve been dealt, but we also know that the ultimate responsibility for our happiness lies with ourselves and ourselves alone.
So instead of entering a new year with just lofty goals and big dreams to guide us, we also enter it intentionally deciding how we want to navigate the brand new 12 months ahead.
And that’s exactly why I’ve created A Wholehearted 2017 - to support you to truly thrive in your work and life on your own terms next year - and I’d love to tell you a little more about it before I dive into the nitty gritty of today’s post.
A Wholehearted 2017 is a self-guided toolkit to help you make 2017 your most meaningful, focused, and wholehearted year yet. It walks you through the process I've walked myself through, and then my clients, so I could truly thrive in my creative work and life along the way. I walk you through exercises to help you uncover and explore what you really want from your creative work and life in the year, and years, ahead to come, and how to practically and intentionally make it happen along the way. More than that, I’ve also created audio coaching to guide and support you when you may feel stuck, overwhelmed, or off track throughout the year, and journal prompts to help you dive deep, explore, and move forward as you go.
There are two options - the self-guided toolkit which launches on the 16th of this month but is currently available for pre-order with early bird special pricing, or the toolkit + quarterly 1:1 coaching with me in 2017 which there are only 4 spots available for. You can find out more this way and I can’t wait to hopefully share A Wholehearted 2017 with some of you soon.
Now let’s jump back into today’s post...
How have you felt in 2016?
Before we dive deep into how you want to feel next year, first we’re going to reflect a little on the year that’s just come and gone. Ask yourself:
- What felt good this year? Why?
- What didn’t feel good this year? Why?
- What am I proud of this year?
- What’s challenged me this year?
- What have I learned this year?
- What have been some of my highlights this year?
- What were my goals for this year? Which ones did I make happen? Which ones did I not make happen? Which one’s changed and evolved throughout the year?
How do you want to feel in 2017?
Now onto dreaming, scheming, and visioning for your 2017. Ask yourself:
- What do I want more of next year? Why?
- What do I want less of next year? Why?
- What do I want to prioritise next year? Why?
- What do I want to let go of next year? Why?
- How do I want to feel in my business?
- How do I want to feel in my creativity?
- How do I want to feel in my health?
- How do I want to feel in my relationships?
- How do I want to feel in my day-to-day life?
- What do I want to make happen next year?
And how can you make that a reality?
Hopefully what’s come to the surface for you over the previous two questions are some reflections on 2016 and some ideas and clarity around what you’d like to make space for in your creative work and life throughout the brand new year ahead. Next is to ask yourself:
- How can I prioritise making this a reality? What do I need to put in place in my day-to-day life to support me in living the creative life I want to be living?
- What intentions do I want to guide me each day as I head into the new year?
- What should I let go of, change, or evolve to make space for a more wholehearted year ahead?
- What do I want to stay curious about as I enter this brand new year? What lessons do I want to make space for in my life to learn?
- What goals do I want to pursue that are aligned with how I truly want to feel in my creative work and life in 2017?
More than anything, I hope this post can be a jumping off point to help you carve out some space and time to really explore how it is you want to feel in your creative work and life in the brand new year ahead to come.