So to kickstart The Intuitive Workweek we’re going to hang out for a few minutes with your big picture for your work and your life. Sometimes we assume we know what it is we really want, but it’s sometimes only when we start to dig into it that our true desires start to really come to the surface.
I’ve broken this step down into three questions and exercises. These are here to hopefully help you get super clear on the bigger picture for your work and your life - and ultimately be a jumping off point for you to cultivate a routine and workflow in your business that is fulfilling along the way.
What do you want to make happen in your business?
Let’s start with your business and your work. Ask yourself:
- What do I want to make happen in this season of my business?
- What are the current business and career goals I’m working towards?
- For the next 6-18 months, what do I want to focus on in my work?
- 5 years from now, where would I love to be in my career?
- What are some specific projects, tasks, and goals I’d like to hold myself accountable to right now?
Hopefully what you can start to pull out here is a clearer focus on what you really want to be making happen in your business right now, and hopefully a little clarity and inspiration around what the future may hold for you and your work too.
What lifestyle do you want to be cultivating?
Next up is to spend a little time thinking about the lifestyle you want to be cultivating alongside your creative business. Ask yourself:
- How do I want my work and business to fit into my life?
- What are the core priorities in my life right now that I want to honour and make space for?
- What are the non-negotiables I need for a happy, healthy, and joyful life?
- 12-18 months from now, is there anything about my life that I’d like to be different?
What will hopefully be coming to the surface for you here is your bigger picture and core values and vision for the lifestyle you want to be cultivating along the way. The answers you discover here will play a big part in defining how you can honour what a joyful, productive, and impactful routine in your business will really look like.
How do you want to feel in your business?
This is one of my favourite questions to ask my clients when they’re feeling stuck in their business - so much of the time we worry about meeting our goals and making tangible things happen along the way that we can forget that how we feel in our business plays such a big part in our journey too. Ask yourself:
- How am I currently feeling in my business? What feels good? What doesn’t?
- How do I want to feel as a business owner?
- How do I want to feel creatively?
- How do I want to feel in my finances?
- A year from now, how would I love for things to have evolved and look different?
What you’ll hopefully be discovering here are some of your core desired feelings when it comes to your life as a creative business owner. With awareness around these, you’re then able to cultivate a work environment and lifestyle that will truly work best for you.
And that’s it, Step 1 of The Intuitive Workweek. Keep the answers and what you’ve discovered here close by as you’ll be revisiting it at the end of Part 1 when you build an action plan for how to take everything you’ve discovered in this first part and turn it into reality along the way.
Next up we’re going to visualise your ideal workweek...