let your online presence Help your dream clients see and experience the value and benefits of working with you
Our online presence and digital content can work wonders when it comes to helping us to attract and book dream clients, and especially for B2C creative entrepreneurs, your digital presence can be the best authentic marketing tool for cultivating connections that lead into client bookings.
Your clients need to know and understand the benefits of working with you
When you’re offering a service for consumers, their ability to fully understand the benefits of working with you can make or break whether or not you can fill up your schedule with client bookings that pay the bills and feed your soul too. There are two types of clients:
- Clients who know that they need help with what you offer and are deciding whether or not they’re ready to invest
- Clients who don’t know that they need what you offer yet
One of the main jobs of your online presence is to clearly show prospective clients and customers what the value would be of working with you. Your online presence can breed trust, forge connections, and create the best environment for the people who you can serve best to take that leap into investing in you and your services. But first and foremost they need to understand exactly what the benefits of working with you are.
What are your dream clients struggling with right now?
The best place to start is to really understand the needs of your clients and customers. Whether you’re a coach helping your clients bridge the gap between where they are and where they want to be, or you’re a stylist helping your clients find their personal style and confidence in themselves, or you’re a photographer who captures and tells the story of someones wedding day, or maybe an event planner who takes the stress out of hosting a major event, the work you do provides a solution to your clients needs.
Spend some time really exploring exactly what it is your dream clients are looking for right now - this can help you to tailor your content marketing so that it speaks directly to them and their needs.
Two Questions For You
1. What makes you valuable?
To really show your value, you first need to truly understand what makes you and the work you do valuable for those who invest in it. The best place to start? Ask your previous and current clients what their main takeaway and results were from their time working with you.
More than that, really dig deep and explore the parts of your story and your message that shape what you do - what value do you bring to the table with your experience, insights, and journey so far? More than just what your job title says, what is it about the way you approach your work and the methodology that it’s built upon that makes working with you such a worthwhile investment for your dream clients?
2. How can you show your value through your content and online presence?
Now the fun part, exploring how you can show and share your value through your content and online presence. This is the trick to building an online presence that helps you attract and book dream clients - using your digital home as a platform to establish your expertise and share your value to the people who you can serve best.
So from your sales copy, to your about page, to your content and your marketing, start to explore some ways you can show your value when you show up and share online. This can be anything from testimonials, giving away free value and through content and resources, through the ways you build and cultivate community, and how you share what it is you do and why it is you do it.
- Does your work with me/services page make it clear the results and value your clients get from investing in working with you?
- What is a piece of content or resource you could create that would add free value for your audience around a topic that links directly into your expertise?
- What could you create and share for free, whether it’s a blog post, a resource, a webinar, a workshop, or an email series, that helps your dream clients see and experience the value that they would get from working with you?
- How can you blend together your story, your message, your expertise, and your value into your brand messaging so that your dream clients can connect better with who you are and what it is you offer?