Episode Two: Making Money With Your Blog Without Relying On Traffic with Mariah Coz of Femtrepreneur
In this episode of Make It Happen, Jen is joined by Mariah Coz of Femtrepreneur where they talk about Making Money With Your Blog Without Relying On Traffic. Mariah is an entrepreneur and blogger who has built multiple profitable online businesses and her blog is dedicated to helping others do just the same.
Mariah shares with us some insights into her journey so far and together we discuss how you can make money with your blog without relying on traffic and also shares thoughts on slow blogging and her best advice for anyone hoping to build their mailing list. This is a great episode for anyone who wants practical and actionable advice for their blog and business.
If you enjoyed this episode of Make It Happen please subscribe via iTunes and leave the show a rating and a review - this will really help us reach even more bloggers and creatives so we can help them to take some really purposeful and practical steps forward with their blogs and businesses.
In this episode we discussed:
- Mariah’s story & business journey so far
- We explore why your traffic doesn’t have to define your blog and how you can make money with your blog without relying on traffic
- Why Mariah encourages you to not rely solely on yourself when you run an online business
- The thing that helped Mariah make a full time living with her blog
- Mariah’s advice for using affiliates within your marketing plan
- Where to start if you’re thinking about making money with your blog without relying on traffic and Mariah shares the only metric you should care about if you’re running a business via your blog
- Why Mariah encourages bloggers to become producers of their own products
- Our thoughts on slow blogging and why we chose that approach for our own blogs and how slow blogging can help you to work towards your long term goals
- Why you should create pillar content, not filler content
- Mariah’s advice on writing guest posts and why they can be so beneficial for your blog
- Mariah’s advice for growing your mailing list (and why you need one!)
- What Mariah would say to anyone who wants to make big things happen with their blog
- Mariah shares with us what exciting things she’s making happen at the moment
- Build a Profitable Blog, the free email course from Femtrepreneur:
- Mariah's new course: Your First $1K
- Mariah's post on Zero-600 in 30 Days: How To Grow Your Email List Quickly With Content Upgrades
- Mariah's post on The Only Metric You Should Be Paying Attention To In Your Business
- Jen's post on Slow Blogging For Creatives
- Jen's post on How To Consume Advice For Your Business & Blog
Where you can find Mariah:
Music & Editing: Alex Kontis
Make It Happen is a weekly podcast for bloggers and creatives to help you stay inspired and take some really purposeful and practical steps forward for your blogs and creative businesses.
Make It Happen is brought to you by Jen Carrington, the writer and blog coach behind the online creative resource Jennypurr. There will be a brand new episode of Make It Happen available every Thursday, where I’ll be sharing either an interview with a blogger, creative, or creative entrepreneur, or a solo episode with just me where I’ll be digging deep and exploring a topic for bloggers and creatives in more depth.