Taking some time to reflect and journal at the end of each month is a great way to stay connected to how you’re feeling in your work and your life along the way. Alongside regularly auditing your business and tracking your finances and metrics and progress, carving out some time to dig deep into how you’re feeling and seeing what comes to the surface is a great way to make space for wholehearted living along the way.
I’ve broken this step down into journal questions to help you reflect on the month just gone, and journal questions to help you look ahead to the brand new month to come.
Reflecting on this month
- How did my word for the year guide me this month?
- What felt good this month? Why?
- What didn’t feel good this month? Why?
- What have been the highlights of this month in my work and my life?
- What have I found challenging this month?
- What have I learned this month?
- What have been my priorities this month?
Looking ahead to the next month
- How would I like my word for the year to guide me next month?
- What would I like more of next month?
- What would I like less of?
- What do I want to prioritise as my areas of focus next month?
- How would I like to feel next month?
- What am I looking forward to next month?
- Is there anything I’d like to accept and/or let go of next month?
Next up we’re going to explore some journal prompts for when you’re feeling overwhelmed...