Hello - it is so awesome to have you here. For the final audio coaching I want to talk about what to do when your core intentions and desires change in your wholehearted year.
Throughout your wholehearted year, you may find that you change, evolve, and grow so much that your core intentions and desires completely pivot and change along the way. You may have a whole new business vision and goal guide you, or you may have a different type of lifestyle that you want to pursue and cultivate in your journey. If you’re facing a major change in direction in your wholehearted year, in this audio coaching I want to walk you through a process to help you refocus and find direction and clarity along the way.
First up is to revisit your core intentions and desires. Go back to your initial discovery and deep dive at the beginning of your wholehearted year and explore:
- What you core desires were
- How you wanted to feel in 2017
- What your core goals and intentions were for 2017
- What your word for 2017 is and how you wanted that to guide you
What you’ll hopefully do here is reconnect to how you felt when you first entered your wholehearted year, and have some time to reflect on it too.
Next up is to uncover what’s feeling different. This is how you bridge the gap between what you wanted back then and what you want now. Ask yourself:
- How have my core desires shifted, evolved, and changed in 2017 so far?
- How do I want to feel as I navigate the rest of 2017?
- Does my word for 2017 still serve me? If so, how can I pivot the guideposts surrounding it to serve me better along the way?
- What do I want to let go of that I put as a priority when I first entered 2017?
Hopefully what you’ll discover here is how you’re feeling different and how you can pivot your focus for the year to help serve you better throughout the rest of 2017.
Next up is to understand and discover your cores goals and intentions in this season. Ask yourself:
- What do I want to make happen in my work throughout the rest of 2017?
- What do I want to make happen in my life throughout the rest of 2017?
- Is there anything I need to put on hold, change, or prioritise to make this happen?
- What are the core values and intentions that I want to guide me throughout the rest of the year?
Hopefully what this can help you do is start to get refocused for the rest of the year ahead.
The next step is to give yourself permission, because sometimes changing and evolving is easier said than done. If we want to pursue different goals, we may fear that we’re letting ourselves down by letting go of previous ones - or that others may think that we’re flaky and unreliable. We may worry that we don’t have permission to change our mind throughout the year - or that the time spent pursuing those other goals and core intentions and desires was wasted.
But the truth is, the more we learn, the more we grow, the more we show up wholeheartedly to our work and our life, it’s inevitable that are core desires, goals, and intentions may pivot and change along the way. Time is never wasted if it helped us to get to where we want to be.
And finally, now it’s time to redirect and refocus. Go back through the self-guided program in the toolkit and audit what needs to be audited, dive deep into your core desires for the year again, and refocus and direct your vision and your plan for the year. Ask yourself:
- How can I use what I’ve built so far this year to support me as I pivot into a new direction?
- What core goals, intentions, and desires do I want to guide me every step of the way?
- How can I use quarterly planning to help me stay focused and effective along the way?
Don’t be afraid to go back to basics and spend a little time diving deep into your plans, focus, and direction for the rest of the year. To move forward with focus and intention, having a clear picture of what you want to make happen can truly serve and support you along the way.
To wrap up, I have 3 questions for you:
- What were my core goals, desires and intentions for 2017 and how have they changed?
- What are my core goals, desires, and intentions for the rest of 2017 and how do I want to prioritise and honour them along the way?
- What permission do I need to give myself to let go of goals, desires, and intentions that no longer serve me so I move forward and live wholeheartedly along the way?
And that’s it, the last audio coaching of A Wholehearted 2017! I hope these have been able to encourage and support you as you navigate your wholehearted year in 2017.