Hello - it is so awesome to have you here. For the third audio coaching I want to talk about what to do when your wholehearted year stops feeling good along the way in your creative work and life.
Maybe you’re a few months into your wholehearted year and things have been feeling really great until now, when you start to feel unfulfilled and disconnected again. This audio coaching is here to help you dive deeper into what’s going on and find a way forward so you can continue to live and work wholeheartedly along the way.
The thing is, it’s actually pretty normal if your wholehearted years stops feeling good along the way. We’re only human, after all, and our core desires and needs and general emotions change so much throughout a year and checking in with ourselves often and pivoting when needed is a big part of wholehearted living along the way.
First up, I have a question for you: how are you actually feeling right now?
If you’re no longer feeling good in your wholehearted year, a multitude of different things could be happening for you behind the scenes right now. The first step is to dive deep and explore how you’re actually feeling. So ask yourself:
- How am I actually feeling right now?
- What are my core emotions?
- How do I feel on a day-to-day basis?
See what comes to the surface for you here, and hopefully there will start to be some clarity for you along the way.
Next up, ask yourself: what isn’t feeling good?
It’s not enough just to say that the year has stopped feeling good, we need to know why. So ask yourself:
- What isn’t feeling good in my work?
- What isn’t feeling good in my life?
- What isn’t feeling good on a day-to-day basis?
- What are my desired feelings and needs that aren’t being met right now?
Hopefully what you can discover here is what’s actually causing this discomfort and unhappiness for you - and what that actually looks and feels like.
Now to dive a little deeper, ask yourself: what isn’t working?
This is how you start to proactively find a way forward, by taking the time to really understand what isn’t working for you right now. Ask yourself:
- What isn’t working in my business right now?
- What isn’t working in my life?
- What isn’t working on a day-to-day basis?
Hopefully what you can discover here are some tangible and practical things that you can improve so you can start to actually enjoy your wholehearted year again along the way.
Now, ask yourself: what’s happening behind the scenes?
Your wholehearted year has stopped feeling good for a reason. Now you just have to figure out why. Ask yourself:
- What does the behind the scenes of my work and life look like right now? Is there anything out of the ordinary happening?
- Have I started doing something that has caused things to stop feeling good along the way? Maybe a new habit, or maybe even falling back into an old one?
- If I look back at my word for this year and the goals and intentions that I set for myself, am I actually letting them guide me along the way?
Hopefully what you can see here is how you might have got off track along the way.
Finally, the thing to explore next is this: Do you need a break? A new direction? Or a new perspective?
Through everything you’ve discovered so far, and finding clarity around what’s caused your wholehearted year to stop feeling good, one of three things may be what you need.
First: a break. It’s totally normal to get tired, burned out, and a little exhausted part way through a year. It may not be that your wholehearted year has stopped feeling good, but maybe you’ve just stopped feeling good and you need a little break to recharge and relax.
Second: maybe you need a new direction. Maybe you have outgrown the goals, intentions, and guideposts that you set for yourself this year. You may find it useful to revisit what you initially outlined for your wholehearted year, and then work through the exercises again so you can refocus and move forward in a way that works best for you.
Or, third: maybe you just need a new perspective. Even wholehearted years aren’t perfect: they still have their challenges and ups and downs - and you still have to show up and do the work along the way. Maybe the goals, intentions, and guideposts that you set for yourself still serve you along the way, and maybe you just need to accept and be present in the season that you’re in. It’s so normal to get bored in the day-to-day, but wholehearted living isn’t just about the big flashy moments, but even more about the small and simple joyful moments we find each day too.
So to wrap up, ask yourself:
- How am I actually feeling right now?
- What doesn’t feel good and what isn’t working?
- What’s actually happening behind the scenes right now?
- Do I need a break? A new direction? Or a new perspective?
The next audio coaching is going to be all about trade-offs, and how they play a big part in wholehearted living along the way...